Friday, November 26, 2010

Exploration on Day 4

"Der Tourist versucht, das Fremde und die Fremden in einer temporären Figuration zu entdecken, um sich zugleich der eigenen Identität und Authenzität zu vergewissern." (Hans-Werner Prahl)

I try a translation: "The tourist tries to discover the other and the strangers in a teporarily figuration, to assure oneself of the own identity and authenticy."

Thinking...

So far it did not work to discover many strangers willing to talk a lot or even staying around long enough to study those. I decided to go on an exploration to the neighbor island Kauai to search for the foreign. But I guess sitting by the fire and philosophize brought me closer to my idea of self. As well do postcards I recieve from friends. (Thanks again P. & M.) I get closer to what I am here and what I want to do in my Second Life, well actually in the Second Life. I miss people here on Oahu....they come and go, travel fastly, globalized. Maybe another category of visitors are lovers, as there is a lot to do here for couples. So I guess in Second Life as in Real life love seems to matter a lot to the residents.

Kauai Island is just a short flight or sail away from Oahu and after I tried some relaxation on Oahu first I, went over to explore the landscape.

 
Sailing close to dolphins...

This fourth day is a lot about view. A change in perspective enables sometimes a change in thoughts as well.

Daydreaming...






Arriving at Kauai I discovered a canyon...definetly a way to different views...

Go girl...said who? ;-)

I heard birds sing and parrots scream and that made my mind wander...


Even parrots come in couples here...

Great view after crossing the canyon

Definetly a nice place to hang...

...with friends...too many empty seats, even if I enjoy being on my own often.

Limbo dancing is more fun in a crowd as well...

And drinking alone makes no sense at all.

The highest point of Kauai...silence, fitting loneliness!

On top of a lighthouse....flying bird....rotary thoughts.

A break...from!?
I guess I learned my lesson by now! Will sleep on it tonight.

Goodnight, John-Boy! XOXO MissR

No comments:

Post a Comment